quick update for you all

HEY friends, I know I've been very absent lately, and that's due to five weeks of both being sick and having crazy amounts of schoolwork to catch up on. I literally had three months worth of posts planned but never had a chance to finish writing them.

So ... I've been rethinking my blog a lot lately. I started some three blog drafts in the past week (or two) thinking I could put them out but no. I couldn't finish. I guess I have blogger's block?

The thing is - I don't want to get stuck in the rut of churning out new posts every week just because that's what I've been doing, because that's what I do. NO. I want this blog to be a tool to grow myself as a writer.

I started my blog for that purpose - to grow my writing. And I've realized that while I have learned self-expression to some extent, stylistically I'm going nowhere. All my posts are what I'd call quick casual writing. They sound exactly the way my speech would. I'd type them out in one or two days, proofread for typos once, and post - because, hey, I have a schedule to maintain.

Well, I've decided to THROW MY SCHEDULE OUT THE WINDOW for a while, while I figure out how I'm going to do all this. I need to rethink my subject matter/content because when I began, I said "I WILL WRITE ABOUT BOOKS AND WRITING."

So have I written about books? YES I HAVE. 
Have I written about writing? NO I HAVE NOT. (the only time I do is when it's about MY writing and hey that's not helpful to anyone.)

I want to write posts that are helpful for both ME and for YOU. I don't want to keep on doing the same old thing just cos I need to stay on schedule. 

SO THERE'S THAT. Got the big words off my chest. Now it's your turn. 

You guys have been so amazing and stuck by me through all this so I really want your opinion on things too! I know the blog is "my space" kinda and I "can do what I want" but ... you all are so important that I want to do what you want as well.  I'd appreciate all the feedback you can give on my blog, namely ...

what do you like about Inkwell?
what do you think I should keep (can be anything ... style, content, catchphrases that I did not know I had)?
what do you think I can do without?
and whatever else! your feedback means so much to me!!


love you guys. stay awesome.
I'll be back at some point soon-ish.

xx lisa.


4 comments:

  1. I love anything you post! And yes I would like to hear about your stories or any writting thing you want! Take some time off ;) life gets busy.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading just about anything. (I know that doesn't really help you much...) I suppose the posts I look for are writing tips others have learned & what helps them, as well as snippets from WIPs & such. :D But as Rakayle said, life DOES get busy. So, do what you NEED to do, girl! I, of all people, know exactly how a blog must sometimes take the back-burner, and none of your bloggy friends will judge or think less of you in ANY WAY.

    :] <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm good with anything, I love when bloggers are flexible and post whatever and whenever they want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Inkwell! I think you can change or keep anything you want. I like your design all the same.

    ReplyDelete

YOUR COMMENTS MAKE MY DAY <333 I try my best to reply to them all, so check back soon, and let's start a conversation.

Instagram