i've been blogging for two years pt. 1 [a humongous post]


TODAY MY FRIENDS, IS THE DAY YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR : we're celebrating my blog's birthday with my first ever Q&A (very late, again. yes, I'm late to my own party.)

Also, a warning : this is going to be a very long mega post. Hence why it's so late XD Proceed at your own risk. 




THE ACKNOWLEDGMENTS :


Since acknowledgments are my favorite part of anything that includes acknowledgments, we're going to do that right now. Shouting out all the people who make blogging so worth it + who teach me how to be a better blogger all the time.

// my family, some of whom started a blog because I did, some of whom have made me the writer I am, some of whom complain when I take hiatuses, some of whom say if I'm kicked out of the house "who'll write our html", and some of whom listen to me describe every single imaginable facet of the blogger life and never look bored - thank you ;))

// KATIE and KEIRA, this past year you've influenced me in terms of aesthetic and design more than anyone else, and I AM SO GRATEFUL TO YOU and also still floored by how you maintain such beauty on both your blogs (and social medias). I know my place looks nothing like yours, but every time I feel I need someone to inspire me in terms of blog style, I go to look at yours again. and again. and again. and again. So, thank you. Also, shouting out to KENZIE for single handendly being responsible for teaching me how to make good post header images - just by BEING QUEEN OF AESTHETIC IMAGES on your blog. You're remarkable. You're an aesthetic. And Abbie, for inspiring me in every way, not just blogging, can I ever express how much I appreciate you? No.

// My besties, who aren't into the blogging thing, but are proof that online friends are real friends, R. and L. I'm forever honored that you took me in and haven't kicked me out yet even though I haven't finished the HP series :P.  

// THOSE WHO MAKE INTERNET LIFE WORTH IT, my squad, my dimension, my anomalies, my adopted extended fam, my dragonflies - you know who you are, and I love you. Those who go above and beyond - Katie Grace, Liv, Syd, Zane, Abi, Danielle, Ang. THE INNER CIRCLE. thank you for all the opportunities and advice and encouragement. THE CHATTER BOX. thank you for letting me be in your cabin for the past two Camp Nanos. Christian Writers' chat - thank you for always being there, always ready to pray or to brainstorm an essay or to sprint. 


NOW!! ON TO THE Q&A!!

from: catherine

What is your favorite song right now? 

My favorite song has been living hope for a while now!! It leaves me with all the feels and tells the redemption story really well and just sounds all around beautiful. However, I haven't actually been listening to it that much lately. My recent obsessions have been 1000 nights, waving through a window, wonders, and everything by Abbiee

What is the most beautiful hair style (in your opinion)? 

I think all (or, most, anyway) hairstyles are beautiful in their own way and it really depends on who is wearing it. Some styles fit certain people better than others. On myself right now, I love scarf styles. And generally, I've been unintentionally in love with wavy hair, since practically every single one of my female characters/drawings has that style of hair XDD


Do you have a favorite kind of rock? 

Not really?? I'm not much into geology haha. I mean, I never studied rocks, so I don't know much about them. Do large rocks that you can climb on count? Because I love climbing on top of large rocks XD



from: my worst nightmare (jk)

Do you ship Dariana (Derek and Kariana) from Faith's book? (the correct answer is yes)

... 


At the time this question was asked, I hadn't read Faith's book The King's Daughter. But we shall yet see.

What is your favorite book? (besides the Bible.) (yes, I must ask this question.)

I guess we could say In 27 Days by Allison Gervais because
a) everyone knows I love it to death and 
b) I've persuaded multiple people to read it (including my nightmare) and 
c) I've read it four times and 
d) it's a standalone so I don't have to lump multiple books from a series together and call it only one book. 

So yeah. Let's go with In 27 Days.

Your favorite ship of all time.

Ooohhh this one is hard. Possibly ... Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice. I have a lot of ships (no one is surprised) but this one just gets better and better every time I read the book and it's so cute and awkward and FUNNY that I can't handle it. For a lot of ships, I'd be ok with the two people just staying friends, but not for this one. So it must be a favorite. HAHA! 


(random sidenote: I saw the BBC mini-series and wow. All my skepticism was dispelled. It's amazing. Who's with me?)

If you could only write one of your books, which would you choose? (basically, which one of your own books do you favor over the others.)

Again, hard to say, because WHAT IF I THINK OF THE BEST BOOK IDEA EVER NEXT YEAR?? after I answered this question?? But, right now, I'd choose Cassandra, the one I came up with when I was twelve, have never written but spend hours planning; the one which has gone through countless changes; the one where I thought I invented the love triangle (#brilliant << sarcasm); the one that used to be a rip off of a Disney princess story. HOWEVER. It's still my baby. 

(random extra fact : the latest development was me throwing the intended love interest - who's existed for 5 years - out of the picture and replacing him with a random new guy because the original person was boring me to death. younger me didn't know how to create interesting guys, I'm telling you that.)

AND FINALLY, THE BIGGEST QUESTION YOU WILL EVER RECEIVE IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE, THIS IS A DEAL-BREAKER ON OUR FRIENDSHIP!!!! (Jk, I will still love you no matter how you answer.) DO YOU SHIP HICCSTRID!!!???


from: keturah


What would you tell someone who wants to start blogging? 

GO FOR IT. I'd also tell them - it's not as easy as it looks. You don't have to have it all mastered right away. It's a learning experience and it should be enjoyable. The community makes it worth it. They'll be there for you. And, it's okay to stop. You don't have to do it forever.



If someone gave you $54 how would you spend it? 

Wow. $54. I suppose it'd depend on when it was given to me, but right now I'd either a) buy some watercolor canvases or b) save it to my "buy a new camera" fund (which I haven't started yet. #oops).



Do you ever wish to travel someday? 

100%. SPEAKING OF WHICH, I'll let you in on a secret. *whispers* I'm going to be traveling in September, during which time my blog will be overtaken by some friends. SO YESHHH. I love traveling and will be totally doing it someday XD





from: gray

Where do you learn how to style your hair?

YOUTUBE. Not that I *style* it that much. Just tie and braid. And that I've learned from Milabu, Kayley Melissa, and Annie's Forget Me Knots, in case you want to look up these channels XD


What inspires you to pick up new hobbies?

10/10 SEEING OTHER PEOPLE DOING THESE THINGS (and doing a good job of it too). I'm a serious copycat and not even ashamed of it. 



What is one of your goals for the future?

A VERY BROAD QUESTION. I'll give you two goals in the same vein as the above questions were :


a) I want to grow my hair to waist length, and then chop it really short in about two years.

b) I want to shoot b-roll. 


Coffee or tea? (choose wisely)

*LOUDLY* COFFEE!! If we were at a coffee shop/visiting someone, that is.


*whispers* if I had to choose between the existence of these though, I'd pick tea because you can actually drink it LIKE WATER, AND A LOT OF IT without negative effects, while coffee isn't that ... versatile.



from: brooklyne

Favorite book that you have had on your shelf for more than a year?


Aside from the aforementioned In 27 Days, let's go with Shadow of the Almighty by Elisabeth Elliot. I got this book on my shelf when I turned twelve and have reread it so many times, and each time I come away encouraged and challenged. 

Favorite time of day to write?


Right after breakfast, for sure! If I don't do it then, I usually don't get to it later. Other things grab my attention and I don't have time.

Favorite book cover you own?



^^ I'm biased for watercolor *heart eyes*

Favorite writing snack? 



Candy that I can suck while typing, definitely! Otherwise I really don't eat at my desk. And I don't like eating snacks much anyway unless it's home baked dessert, and then I have it at the dining table XD

Favorite spot to write that gives you inspiration (ocean, mountains, your bedroom, etc!)?


Tbh, I really like my backyard!! I haven't written outside in AGES, but it feels really good to do it. These days I have a desktop, so it's kinda impossible to drag it outside haha.
from: ariana

What is one book you will always re-read?


BRILLIANT QUESTION. All my favorites!! Not good enough? Aww. Fiction wise, (other than In 27 Days) I never want to stop rereading Letters to the Lost or Pride and Prejudice or The Blue Castle. Nonfiction wise, let's go with The Irresistible Revolution and Come Be My Light.

What is your favorite genre to write and to read?


I love writing this cross genre I made up - short story contemporary speculative. It's a mash up of a seemingly modern day setting with fantasy/futuristic elements. I really like plain fantasy too XD

To read, my favorite genre is fantasy or contemporary or classic - depending on the story, of course. There's loads of fantasies and contemporaries and classics I won't enjoy XDD

When do you get the most inspiration?


RIGHT BEFORE I FALL ASLEEP. I'm not kidding. It's when I have to sleep that I feel inspired to STAY AWAKE AND DO ALL THE THINGS.


from: february fairy

In one word, what do you live for?



I really, really, really want to say GOD, but idk if I'm there yet. I can't honestly say it. Guess I'll have to say HOPE - the hope that I'll someday be able to say I live for God and God alone. 

Do you think it's easier to hate or to love?


If we mean TRUE LOVE - like, love according to the Bible - then I'd say it's EASIER TO HATE. 

BUT! if we're talking about a human version of love, I think it's easier to do that. I think that while not everyone really HATES, everyone (or mostly everyone) LOVES someone or something.  

Do you cry over movies and books?  If so, what's the last book and movie you cried over?


No, I don't. At least,  I haven't ALL OUT CRIED over any book or movie - the closest I've come to is like shedding three tears or so?? The latest movie and book that made me feel REALLY EMOTIONAL was How to Train Your Dragon 3, and The Running Dream.

Where do you find inspiration?


EVERYWHERE!! I get random bursts of inspo and new ideas from everything and anything, but if you're asking where I go to look for inspiration - I go to people who inspire me to do the thing. (also youtube and pinterest help but shh.) 

When do you feel the most alive?


I feel really alive on roadtrips when I'm listening to epic music XD but I think it's more of a mindset - when I'm thinking the right thoughts, being grateful, and looking at all the amazing things that I've done and that's happened to me - then I feel really alive. Also, just doing NEW THINGS. That makes me feel alive. 

What's one of your most treasured memories?



I really treasure all the memories of doing things with my siblings when they were small - and memories of them when they were babies/toddlers and did all the FUNNY THINGS. It's something I don't ever want to forget. 

Also, I treasure the memories of all the PLACES I'VE BEEN TO and ALL THE PEOPLE I'VE MET IN THOSE PLACES. It makes me feel really grateful and really alive ;)) 

Do you ever pretended you're in a movie?


Not anymore, but when I was a kid, ALL. THE. TIME. I pretended I was in a movie I'd seen, or I'd pretend my life was a movie about me. Wow. Fun times.

Given the choice of anyone living, dead or fictional, who would you have for dinner?

Right now, I'd like to have Abraham for dinner. I was reading about him recently and he really fascinates me. He's such a great example of what it means to be a Christian and follow Jesus even though he wasn't a Christian and Jesus hadn't yet been born.


from: sarah

What's your favorite thing about a bujo?

MY FAVORITE THING IS HOW PRETTY IT IS. 100%. I also *love* how it allows me to capture memories, and how great it's for looking back on your month and all that you did!! Because I'm forgetful and wouldn't remember otherwise XD

What's your favorite art style?

GOOD QUESTION. AND A HARD ONE TOO. I literally have no idea how art styles are officially categorized, but I like art that's SIMPLE (though my "simple" might be more complicated than you'd assume) but REALISTIC and BEAUTIFUL. 

Personally, what I like TO DRAW, is a) realistic pencil portraits, b) loose watercolor florals, c) semi-realistic people that's half-way manga style and d) acrylic painting that follows no style at all, but is just me trying to create something pretty.

Dogs or cats?


Dogs. (I just think you can do more with them than with cats. No offense @ cat lovers.)


from: elaikie

What is the foreign language (whether you speak it or not) that sounds the prettiest to your ears?


I have heard very few foreign languages tbh. BUT FRENCH SOUNDS REALLY PRETTY TO ME. 

Ebooks or physical books?


PHYSICAL ALL THE WAY, except I promised my parents I wouldn't buy anymore *real* books so I'm stuck with ebooks -_- That's why the library is my best friend.

Morning person or night owl?


NIGHT OWL, even though I don't stay up that late? Usually I go to bed between 10 pm and 11 pm. 

What are three things you HAVE to do in a day in order to consider it a success?

1. SOME KIND OF HELPFUL HOUSEHOLD CHORE. it could be kitchen related, cleaning related, laundry related, etc. but if I don't help out I feel lazy and useless XD

2. SOME ACCOMPLISHED AMOUNT OF SCHOOLWORK. I have to *finish* something, even if it's just a quiz or short assignment, or I'll feel I've wasted my time. (This only goes for week days though. During the weekends I have to do something slightly creative/productive.)

3. HAVE SOME SORT OF RESPECTABLE HAIRDO. Even if it's just a ponytail, I have to feel like it looks presentable, or I'll have failed at my day. Wow. Am I deep or what. (The same kind of goes for my clothes, but since I always dress what I call *presentable* I never have trouble with it. My hair just misbehaves on occasion XD)
from: rakayle

Favorite dog breed?


I used to be quite obsessed with dog breeds and having an imaginary dog but I've fallen out of touch since then. I guess I like shepherd dogs though!! 

Where would you go for a winter holiday?


Since I live in a place where there's barely any snow, I'd go somewhere where there IS SNOW, so that I can go skiing!! I'd probably pick Finland, tbh, just because I can kill multiple birds with one stone - see people I know, experience TRUE WINTER, experience true nature, and practice my second language!!

What jungle animal would you want to pet? 


Wow, this is a good one!! I guess I'd like to pet a jaguar!!

Dream car?


I ... am frightfully ignorant of car models and brands. My running joke is that I need a Subaru, because Spotify has kindly brainwashed me with the SHEER NUMBER OF TIMES IT ADVERTISES THE SUBARU (yes I can even quote the ads by heart), but ... I'm not serious about that XD I guess something sleek and BLUE.



from: julian

What made you take a break with the whole buju thing?


I felt that bullet journaling was taking away from my *regular* journaling time. During the months I bujo'ed, I barely wrote my normal journal - so while I love having my day to day recorded and organized, I decided to take a break so I wouldn't be stressed to DOUBLE JOURNAL. If you know what I mean. I'm sure you do ;))

Have you seen my post about bullet journaling? Might wanna check it out, lol Get inspired!


I CHECKED IT OUT. Good on you, I definitely want to start up again since my break is over!!

Favorite song with a banjo in it?


Probably Same, Same Stars by Sleepy Man - it has a banjo in it. I think???

Ever watched a chess tournament?


Not a real one, I haven't. I saw a Mission Impossible episode once that had a chess tournament in it (a rigged one) and I also saw Queen Of Katwe, the movie featuring A LOT OF CHESS, so I have a small idea of what a chess tournament is. But I'd certainly like to see a real one someday!! 

Do you keep your food separate on your plate or MASH IT ALL UP?


IT REALLY DEPENDS. If I have a sauce then I MASH IT ALL UP with the rice/pasta, but otherwise, NO THANK YOU. I'll keep it separate. 

First word when you were a kid?


WHO KNOWS, let's ask my mom ...

me: what was my first word when I was a kid?
mom: I'm not sure but it could have been animal sounds like, meow meow, quack quack, oink oink, and that sort of thing. You know?


from: kara

A book that has touched you deeply?

A LOT OF BOOKS, actually. I suppose The Cross and the Switchblade would be one that shook me hardcore. 

What is your first childhood memory?


I've actually spent A LOT OF TIME digging in my brain, trying to bring up my earliest memory. So currently what I *believe* is my earliest is this : I was 3 years old and my mom was taking me to day care on a rainy day (she had an umbrella) and I didn't want to go so I was whining and wailing and after my mom had left me there, I sat myself in front of the door and said I wasn't moving until she returned. (Spoiler info: I got over it and was playing happily when she got back.)

What is one thing you wish you could tell your younger self?


Basically : Why, little Lisa, are you so overconfident of your skills of acting like an adult !! I, your older self, agree with my parents that YOU WERE TOO SMALL to do all the things you thought you could.

Other things: 

b) If you continued learning the guitar I would be very proud of you.

c) I'd recommend you expand your horizons in art - try drawing something else other faces all the time. Because while faces are AMAZING and the ABSOLUTE BEST, it's great to be versatile!!

d) Remember that one beautiful blank book you wasted by writing your name in huge letters on every page? Yeah. DON'T DO THAT.

e) YOU DID A VERY GOOD JOB OF BEING MY YOUNGER SELF, congratulations, Ily.

AND NOW CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU WHO MADE IT TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS HUMONGOUS POST. why I didn't split it into two posts beats me. I hope you enjoyed having all your questions about me answered XD If I missed anything ask in the comments below!!

Also, SPOILER ALERT : I'm posting my blog birthday giveaway tomorrow. SO COME BACK THEN!!

Until then, THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING MY FRIENDS and for reading all my ramblings!! Ily and here's to many more years of knowing each other.


so until tmrrw, HAPPY BLOG BIRTHDAY TO INKWELL,
and does it strike you as funny that blog owners do giveaways on their blog birthdays? on regular birthdays, the person RECEIVES the presents but apparently the blog world wants to do it Hobbit style? fun right?



22 comments:

  1. Oookaayyyyy..... NOW, if I could only remember ALLL the things I was going to say when reading your post... but it's so long I FORGOT!!! Let's try this anyway:
    1)I'm not sure if that was me in the acknowledgments section?! (There are other bloggers called Danielle, so yes, I'm confused xD Anyhow - THANKS FOR BEING MY FRIEND!!! xxx)
    2) YES PRIDE AND PREJUDICE 1995 ALLLLL THE WAYYYYYY!!!!!!! (Goodness don't get me started on that) (the awkwardness though!!)
    3) In 27 Days... oh my. I *loved* it. *all the heart eyes* (Though I will just add that there were some things there that I would have edited out had I been the editor. XD)
    4)"I'm a serious copycat and not even ashamed of it." <<< THIS IS TOTALLY ME.
    5) *Pretends to ignore that I didn't ask any questions* *fails* Anyway I really enjoyed this post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN. (yes, it's you, like I told you ;)) THAT P&P, CAN WE JUST FLAIL TOGETHER !! (whaaaat you read In 27 Days I'M SO HAPPY!! also I feel the same way lol) it's fine, as you can see, I had a TON of q's anyway XDD

      Delete
  2. I wonder who your worst nightmare is... 😏😏😏😏

    ANYWAY, I love Cath's question about what rocks you like. I don't know why I like that question, but I do.

    HAPPY LATE BLOG BIRTHDAY, DEAR!!! I love how you mentioned The Dimension. <3 <3

    Also, can't wait to see what lies ahead for you and your blog. I love reading your posts. You are an aesthetic inspiration!!!! you inspire me everytime you post. I'm so glad we became besties through blogging. Love you, girl!! <3

    Brooke@ Chasing Dragonflies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. who could it be indeed!? *side eyes* IMMA SO HAPPY WE MET TOO, THANKS FOR ALWAYS BEING AROUND FOR ME. ILY!!

      Delete
  3. HAPPY BLOG BIRTHDAY, LISA!!!!!!! first off, you are ALSO THE QUEEN OF AESTHETIC IMAGES. seriously, how are your pics (and blog!) SO aesthetic!?

    yessssss, I love Abbiee's songs and I can SO RELATE about sleep. i remember every single important thing right when I go to bed. ^_^ yup, i'm also definitely a dog person (although i love cats too)!

    EPIC post! i can't wait for the giveaway! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMW ASH THANK YOU SO MUCH!! that means so much!! (my secret to aesthetic is practice practice and lots of tears)

      *high five* FELLOW ABBIEE FAN YESS!! haha why are our brains like this. it's bad. thanks for your comment dear!!

      Delete
  4. AHHHHHHHHH, I LOVE YOU AND YOUR BLOG SO MUCH, LISA. AND YOU ARE THE AESTHETIC QUEEN TBH <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ack GRAY *crying emoji* I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND THANK YOU. you're an aesthetic queen too :'))

      Delete
  5. I love every word of this ginormous post!! I couldn't pick one thing to comment on, I love ALL OF IT. XD <333

    HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayyy love Q&A's! Happy blogaversary! :D

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME HAPPY BLOG DAY! Yeah I like Shepherd dogs too! :)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blogaversary!! What's your favorite art style = impossible to answer. Pretty much every art style makes me go, "ohh, I wish I could draw/paint like that style!" XD
    Also enfrgbbbhrfvnr I LOVE CHESS TOURNAMENTS. I've watched the last four national ones and had a blast.
    Awesome post! Looking forward to seeing what amazing things you talk about in the next year.

    Evan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAH YES!! glad you relate!! we should get together and play chess XDD it would be fun but if you've watched tournaments you'd probably beat me XDD thanks, evan!!

      Delete
  9. Wow, such a fun post! That pic of the icecream cones with avocados has me so fascinated haha.
    Love your answers ... and can't wait for the little secret trip of September ;)

    MB: keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB: thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you enjoyed it!! that picture is so good, because I LOVE AVOCADOS SO MUCH!! I'll try my best to post about the trip when I return!! (also I'll probably post on ig while I'm there ^-^)

      Delete
  10. Loved all your answers! You have such a pretty blog and congrats on 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHH all the congratulations, HAPPY BLOG BIRTHDAY, this is so exciting! Here's to many, many more years of blogging to come <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

YOUR COMMENTS MAKE MY DAY <333 I try my best to reply to them all, so check back soon, and let's start a conversation.

Instagram