sunshine blogger tag

The ever amazing Abbie tagged me a while back for the sunshine blogger tag - which, if you will remember, is my one of my favorite tags of all time.

^^ as a matter of fact I've done five of them. read here and here.




And Abbie's questions happen to be really good, so here you have a get-to-know-Lisa-some-more type of post.

What would your dream career look like?


What a brilliant question! I actually have many versions of my dream career but let's say my favorite scenario would be traveling the world as reporter of good news, so to speak. Writing the stories of little people who make a big difference + ordinary humans following Jesus to the ends of the earth. I'd like to write these stories in all forms - essays and travel articles and short stories and novels. I'd like to document people who do good stuff but who probably won't ever write a book or get their biography written. That would sorta combine my love for traveling and writing and nonfiction stories of inspiring humans.

What fictional character do you relate to the most?


Oh wow. Only one? That's really hard.

The best I can do is say I'd be a mash-up of Peter + Susan from The Chronicles of Narnia (and I'm using both the books and movies, because I love them all to death).

PETER. oldest of four. carries responsibility on his shoulders. worried bro. the one in whose shadow the younger ones live. sometimes letting his responsibility and worry get the better of him. 

SUSAN. practical. too "grown up". seemingly too old for playing. too concerned and worried over her younger siblings to have fun.


Who is your biggest inspiration/role model?


I think different people inspire you in different areas of life, so ... picking only one person is difficult. Other than the wonderful + ordinary people I know in real life and the blogging world, whom I definitely look up to in various ways, I'd say my greatest role models have been the persons in the biographies/autobiographies I have lived on my entire bookworm life.

(and hereby I recommend you my favorite nonfiction books of all time)

Jim Elliot + Elisabeth. (Shadow of the Almighty is my all around favorite nonfiction book ever.) David Wilkerson. (His autobiographical books have forever blown me away by his experiences of miracles + faith.) Shane Claiborne. (I'm sort of modeling my dream life after his experiences. XD) Mother Teresa. (I read Come Be My Light and afterward went and copied pages and pages of quotes by hand.) Floyd McClung. (I suggest reading Living on the Devil's Doorstep.) Corrie ten Boom. (I first read The Hiding Place as a nine year old. Wow. Go me.)

And in the end I guess I can say that I hope Jesus is my absolute GREATEST role model, because none of these humans whom I admire would have been half that they were without him.




What goals are you working on right now?


Trying to cope with my high school workload + developing some discipline in regards to time management. Wish me luck. 

If you could magically receive one quality, what would it be?


I believe that a lot of desirable qualities can be developed, so I'm not hugely desperate to gain one magically. But, it would be awesome if I could gain some bravery to face people + the future or self control to help me in time management without having to do any practicing or failing XD

What skills do you wish you had?


Are we talking about real life skills that I don't have but could develop or about fantasy magic skills? 

Real life - Playing an instrument well without having to practice every day. Being amazing at all art forms without having to learn them. Driving. Web designing. Making travel vlogs. Talking to strangers without feeling like I want to hide behind my phone.

Fantasy life - shapeshifting into animals and telekinesis and teleportation.

What’s your favorite way to practice self-care?


Hmmmm, to be honest I've never thought of anything I do as "self care", but now that I consider it, I think a lot of things do count as such.

I'd say journaling is my favorite form because it helps me unwind + unstress + record lots of good moments + sort thoughts. And while drawing isn't usually in this category, it really helps me to relax, so yes??




What is your favorite quote and why?


I love lots of quotes but I never keep a record, and whenever I'm asked I can't remember any. Right now I love this one from The Irresistible Revolution:

being a Christian is about 
choosing Jesus and deciding 
to do something incredibly
daring with your life.

What is the biggest life lesson you have learned so far?


I don't know really. I've learned so much - how do you chose only one thing?

Maybe, if I really had to pick, I'd say that SMALL THINGS ARE SUPER IMPORTANT. One dreams about doing big things and about one's amazing future dream life but actually those huge achievements are a collection of small things. And as Mother Teresa says, it's not the big things, but the little things you do with great love.

Also one that I find really constant is that God hears + answers prayers and that's the one best thing one can do about any problem (pray).

What are you most looking forward to this year?


I look forward to starting a grade 11 course in screenwriting + reading Ted Dekker's soon-to-be-published books (five all together, by the end of this year). Also I might get a new job? So yay!




How do you want to impact the world?


I hope to be this little ray of sunshine in real life, doing good, little tings everyday to ordinary people and to love them + make friends so that when I die there'll be many, many people who remember me fondly (including people who'll never know when I died). I'd also like to inspire people through whatever I choose to do as a career. But like I said, it's the little things in every day life. 

Like, in essence - impact the world. one friend at a time.


Time to tag people! *rubs hands together*

Questions

one movie you think everyone should see and why?

what does your dream life look like?

what one quality would you want to be remembered for after you're gone?

if your life was a book, how would you describe it in comp titles? (hint: your life in comp titles is when you say my life would be like The Hunger Games meets James Bond meets Pride and Prejudice. And yes, I totally threw those titles together at random.)

your favorite trope, and your least favorite trope, from books?

one thing that people in real life don't know about you, but all your internet friends do?

if you could rename your blog, what would you call it?

your favorite social media, and why it is your favorite?

if your life was a movie, what would be its theme song?

what makes a book a five star read (for you)?

what is a dream hairstyle that you would love to sport, but haven't yet?

Tagging -



all right, speak up, my dudes!
what would your career look like, i'm curious to know?? and ... if you want the tag feel free to steal it!


wishing you sunshine.
lisa.

24 comments:

  1. Great answers, I always related a bit to Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tag too! Great answers! :D I also journal to unwind, or more, have two journals; one summing up my day and tracking progress, the other a Bible reflection/prayer journal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW THANKS MELISSA! Journaling really is the best isn't it?? And two journals - wow, you really are slaying it ;DD

      Delete
  3. I love your dream career! That would be the most epic job EVER. o.o And yasss for journaling! I've gotten into bullet journaling in the past couple of months and it's my way to wind down after a long week and kind of get mentally prepared for the next! I love using different colored pens and trying new styles and designs. SO FUN :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HANNAH - thank you so much! *high fives for journaling* ooohh oh yes I've wanted to get into bullet journaling myself and I WILL TRY IT OUT as soon as my current planner is finished (by the end of the year, I think). I can't wait to join the hoard of bullet journalers XDD gLAD YOU ENJOY IT SO MUCH <3

      Delete
  4. Ack, I need to do this tag so badly!! This was so fun to read, and your dream career sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! Journaling is something I love doing as well as self care! Hah, I'm trying to cope with my school work load too! ITS HARD! Wishing you the best though! You'll manage! <3
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *fist bump* SO GLAD YOU RELATE ON THE JOURNALING! It's one of my favorite hobbies!! aWWW THANKS on your well wishes, and YOU WILL ROCK YOUR SCHOOL WORK TOO DEAR GIRL <33

      Delete
  6. Lovely tag, Lisa! I enjoyed reading your comments. Also, I'm impressed that you had an answer for "Which fictional character do you relate to most?" I never have an answer since I forget every single character I've ever read about when I get to that question. XD

    Thanks!
    Lilian - greenteawithbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M SO GLAD YOU ENJOYED LILIAN! that question is so hard and always takes so much thought from me XD If I could have added more characters to it I would also have said Jo March and Anne Shirley and Hadley Jamison (from In 27 Days) :P OH MY GOODNESS YES I FORGET CHARACTERS TOO SO MUCH SO I always have to go scroll through my goodreads to review the books I've read XDD

      THANKS FOR YOUR LOVELY COMMENT <3

      Delete
  7. Aw, love this post, Lisa! And thx so much for tagging me! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Allison <3 Can't wait to see your post!!

      Delete
  8. Lisa, I loved reading your answers to my questions!! This post was super enjoyable and inspiring! 💛✨ YOUR DREAM CAREER SOUNDS AWESOME DUDE!! 😍 I think you'd be amazing doing that. "One dreams about doing big things and about one's amazing future dream life but actually those huge achievements are a collection of small things." <<< SO TRUE. I want this framed on my wall, I need to remind myself of this SO MUCH. It's the little things that really matter :''') SO GOOD.

    YOU ARE SUNSHINE ITSELF!!

    rock on,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ABBIE THIS COMMENT MADE MY DAY <3 I'm so glad you enjoyed my answers!! And wow wow I don't have words to respond anymore to your compliments but I'm so happy you relate + agree :')

      HOW ARE YOU SO KIND like thank you thank you that encourages me so much, girl.

      love you <333

      Delete
  9. Ooh--this tag sounds so fun! I might need to steal this tag . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT REALLY WAY!! Pls do steal it and let me know when you do it so I can read all your answers ^-^

      Delete
  10. "Trying to cope with my high school workload + developing some discipline in regards to time management." Oof, me too! I definitely wish you luck. Time moves so fast!

    YOUR QUESTIONS ARE SO GOOD! I don't do tags very often (that whole time thing. . .), but I'm considering stealing this one!

    -Hanna
    takingmytime.rothfuss.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HANNAH HI SO NICE OF OF YOU TO DROP BY!! Haha I'm glad you relate and I wish you the best of luck too!! We've got this ;D

      AWW THANKS! pls do steal it I would be so honored if you did this and I would love to read your answers!!

      THANKS FOR COMMENTING AND STOPPING BY GIRL!!

      Delete
  11. Great answers for this award - your dream job sounds amazing! <3 And I agree with teleportation, I would LOVE to have this gift just as well, how awesome would that be :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HELLO THERE MARIE, thanks for popping over :DD I'M GLAD YOU LIKED THE TAG, and *high five* on teleportation. If that were a think lol we could even meet up someday somewhere. Let's hope it gets invented :P

      THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT AND FOR VISITING MY BLOG <333

      Delete

YOUR COMMENTS MAKE MY DAY <333 I try my best to reply to them all, so check back soon, and let's start a conversation.

Instagram