your assumptions about me answered



Hi. I've seen people doing this around the blog-sphere and decided it was time to jump on a band wagon and do it too! 

^^ I know what you're thinking:
"brilliant logic, lisa"
*sarcasm*

But I thought it would be fun!! So I asked about elsewhere and came back with about ten different assumptions (or not) about me and I shall address them here and see if my followers really know me!! 


you are an introvert (2 counts).


HAHA! No, actually. I'm very much an extrovert, even though, to your credit, I do behave slightly more introverted at times and stay at home A LOT. Just because I'm extroverted doesn't mean I'm 100% outgoing. I *think* I'm probably 60% extrovert and 40% introvert. 


you love drawing/coloring/sketching/whatever it is that artist do.


YES! I love drawing and sketching and /sometimes/ coloring and lots of other things that artists do! Drawing is something that really relaxes me and that I do for FUN, but lately I've been branching out and trying 

  • digital art because we bought ourselves a Wacom drawing tablet 
  • watercolor - I borrowed a wonderful book about it, and then was so excited that I also bought uber expensive paints 
  • acrylic - finished the FOURTH ATTEMPT on this one picture which failed the three preceding times
  • brush pens - love how not messy these are compared to paint - but you have to be quick to apply water before the ink dries
  • watercolor pencils - so unique and you can really take your time unlike with the brush pens
  • animals - my dad borrowed a gorgeous book, "10 step drawing" 75 animals, so I'm working through it
  • card making - I made so many and they turned out really pretty
  • hand lettering - thanks to Allison for being so inspiring with this post (also guess what, we can blame Allison for getting me into watercolors)


^^ wow look at who took the opportunity to info dump about her art hobby. let's just help her out by saying that there's an entire article about her artist life in the Identity issue of OBO



you love ice cream.


INDEED I DO!! It's important to point out, though, that I HAVE ICE CREAM SO RARELY because we are more into frozen yogurt, and when I do get ice cream I get it on a cone and that just makes it 10/10 times better.



mint / aqua is one of your favorite colors.


I'd say that light blue is my favorite color, but mint/aqua is so close!! I love pastel colors and mint/aqua really goes well there. So while I wouldn't say these two are my *top* favorites, they're up there on the list!!



you love cats as your profile pic is of a cat. 


Ahahahahaaa ... no. I mean, cats are great, but I have so little experience with cats that I can't say I love them. I haven't even read the Warriors series (which my sisters are begging me to read *coughcough*). I was just doing cats for digital art practice and it looked so good that I decided to use it for my profile picture - it even fit my aesthetic. 


In 27 Days is one of your favorite books.


YES TOTALLY. I'd go as far as to say it's my /top/ favorite fiction book (closely followed by my other favorites, of course.) It's such an exciting and touching story of selflessness and tough love and learning to step out of your box in order to help others. YOU ALL NEED TO READ IT, and shoutouts to those who've done so at my command!!


you have seen the HTTYD 3 trailer.


You all can guess who assumed this one, right?? YES I have seen the HTTYD 3 trailer and was so excited I actually looked up ticket prices to see how expensive it would be to see it in theatres.

And promptly gave up.

Still waiting for it to come out on DVD and for my library to order it!!




 you like mostly every genre.


I suppose so? Compared to some other people, it may look like I like all the genres. Let's list them to see if this is correct. I like ...

  • Fantasy 
  • Science fiction
  • Contemporary
  • Thriller
  • Historical fiction
  • Historical fantasy
  • Alternate history 
  • Classics
  • Nonfiction
  • Mystery
  • Dystopian + utopian
  • Comic books/graphic novels/manga

Hmm ... it looks like I do like most genres!! One that I won't voluntarily read unless it's recommended to me by friends would be R O M A N C E.



you like coding and graphic design. 


AT THIS POINT I'D LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT THE PERSON WHO ASSUMED THIS ONE AND THE ABOVE THREE WASN'T ACTUALLY ASSUMING ANYTHING!!! she knows me too well *insert eye roll*

And she's correct! I love coding and graphic design, even though all the coding I know is self-taught (with help from Google) and for the life of me I couldn't teach what I know to anyone else because I have no idea what the terms are for different things.

I just randomly get urges to go CODE AND DESIGN STUFF and while that lasts I'm useless at everything else.


 you eat while reading. 

Not really? I mean, if I happen to read at the dining table at meal/snack times (when family isn't there to complain) then YES. But otherwise, no. I don't bring food away from the dining table and I usually read at my desk or on the couch.



THIS WAS SUCH FUN. Don't you agree?? Can anyone guess which blogger friend send only facts she knew about me?? 


If you have more assumptions, drop them below in the comments and I'll get back to you on them!!

peace out.
lisa. 



22 comments:

  1. I've seen so many people do this and it looks so fun! It was great getting to know you more, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it WAS quite fun - so glad you liked reading!! Thanks Hannah <3

      Delete
  2. You drew your profile pic?? It’ so cute! I’ve been wondering for weeks where you found it, and now I know. 😂
    Ahem...HTTYD 3 was amazing. I cried. My dad cried. It was tragic and beautiful and I have never wanted a movie to not end more than I have that one because it’s all over and I was sooooo not ready. Also the soundtrack is superb and I literally cannot listen to the credits song and not break down. 😭😭 Now I’ve started watching the Dragons series with my brother, and I’m currently getting so much more context about a lot of things, haha, especially Hiccup and Astrid’s relationship which I didn’t totally get because the movies skipped so much time. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I DID - THANK YOU SO MUCH, NICOLE!! so nice to hear you like the picture :D WOW YOU'VE SEEN IT?! THAT'S SO GREAT! I'm jealous. Good to hear it lived up to expectations!! I'VE LISTENED TO THE SOUNDTRACK TOO. All the HTTYD soundtracks are awesome :)) AND THE SERIES !! THEY'RE THE ABSOLUTE BEST !! WE love them so much - where are you now?

      <333 THANKS FOR COMMENTING!

      Delete
  3. You get me and I get you. <3 Loved reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! That is a lot of different types of painting. I like acrylic painting the most.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! How fun! Made me want ice cream for some reason... xD I LOVE watercolors!!! It's certainly my favorite form of art media. Have you used the Tombow dual brush pens for your handlettering? I've tried these most recently and they're AMAZINGGGGGGG.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you enjoyed <3 yes watercolors are terrific!! no, I have not used Tombow pens ... the only brush pens I've tried are Mozart. Thank you for recommending tho!! I'll look them up!!

      Delete
  6. Such a fun post! I really want to do one of these soon too :) I enjoyed learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this! *jumps on bandwagon*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post! And I love your profile pic. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to do digital art and Water colors as well. Hate how expensive it can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd totally recommend trying them out!! they're great!! BUT UGH YOU'RE RIGHT ... together those cost over $150 -_-

      Delete
  10. In 27 Days is AMAZING!!!! It's my absolute favorite contemporary/magical realism book! I could probably gush about it FOREVER. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DUDE YESSS!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!! AND I'M SO GLAD YOU LOVE IT SO MUCH TOO!! *fangirls with you*

      Delete
  11. I loved this post!! Such a good idea- I may have to steal it haha :):) Also, your blog design is SO cool, I love it.
    http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
    -Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Izzy, thank you so much!! pls feel free to steal, would be so cool if you did it!! so happy you like my blog design 😊😊😊

      Delete

YOUR COMMENTS MAKE MY DAY <333 I try my best to reply to them all, so check back soon, and let's start a conversation.

Instagram